God in three persons




COMMENT:

Jesus and the apostles never espoused the idea of the Trinity


REPLY:

I am aware that the word ‘Trinity' is not in scripture, but I have become convicted by scripture that alludes to the triune God. God is one, but there is clear evidence of three identities. A great example of this is at the baptism of Jesus Christ. Jesus was in a physical state, being baptized by John. When he came up out of the water, the Holy Spirit descended upon him as like a dove, and then a voice from heaven spoke saying, “Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” So, from this one event, we see three different instances of God present at one time and in one event.

There are many other examples that indicate God's triune nature. See also these verses: 2 Cor 13:14; Gen 1:26; John 1:1-18; Matt 28:18-20. Each mention clear evidence of the three persons of God.

For me, this is sufficient evidence to believe that God manifests Himself in three identities, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

______________

Join my WhatsApp channel to receive these quick Bible lessons on your phone:

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaGag8iJP212QPSMmx2W



Comments