What does that mean to walk after the Spirit?



Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Let me use ‘leading the blind’ as an example. If I'm a blind man, how do I live my life? I need someone else who can see to take me by the hand and lead me through this world. Now, in this context, who’s the blind man? That's us: we're blind. We need the Spirit to be out in front of us leading us through life saying, do this and don't do that. And where do those instructions come from? It’s all in the Word of God, and more specifically, in Paul’s epistles.

This is not something that's given to us when we get saved. We are instantaneously justified by the grace of God when we believe the grace gospel, but our walk is a different matter. We grow in sanctification, through seeking to learn God’s Word, drinking it in, being filled with its knowledge, then submitting ourselves in obedience to it. This is the Spirit of God; it is holy and perfect. This is how we walk after that Spirit.

Article here: https://thebigpicturelink.blogspot.com/2024/08/what-does-that-mean-to-walk-after-spirit.html

______________

Please share these with friends and family.
Use this WhatsApp channel to receive these quick Bible lessons on your phone:

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaGag8iJP212QPSMmx2W

Comments