Are you following (or imitating) Jesus or Paul?




In Gal 1:11-12 Paul wrote, "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." Then in Gal 1:15-17 he added, "But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen (the Gentiles); immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia,...". 

Paul makes it very clear that his gospel came to him through direct revelation from the ascended Christ. It did not come from the other Apostles or any other person. I often hear people say, "I go by what Jesus said, not by what Paul said." The problem with this reasoning is that Paul's doctrine DID come from Jesus, after He ascended to heaven. So, if they are not going by Paul's doctrine, then they are not going by Christ's doctrine.

______________

Join my WhatsApp channel for more of these quick Bible lessons:

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaGag8iJP212QPSMmx2W


Comments